Our therapy practice is now open again, with safety procedures for face to face consultations and treatments.
We abide by the Government social distancing guidelines. Our safety procedures ensure that our clients are treated with respect and are kept as safe as possible.
On arrival for the appointment we will take the clients temperature (using a no touch thermometer). The client will be offered a face mask if they prefer to use one. We will be asking all clients to use our hand sanitiser on arrival.
Prior to the appointment, we will be asking our clients questions in accordance with our regulatory body. These questions will include whether you or your family have had any symptoms of Covid-19. Please tell us if you have been shielding during the lockdown period, and what safety measures you are taking.
We are currently unable to see clients who are considered to be in the High Risk Category. However we will keep up to date with Government guidance about when it is safe to see them. Our safety procedures are for everyone’s benefit.
Examples of people at high risk where safety needs to be considered:
- those who have had an organ transplant;
- someone undergoing chemotherapy or antibody treatment for cancer, including immunotherapy;
- receiving an intense course of radiotherapy (radical radiotherapy) for lung cancer;
- having targeted cancer treatments that can affect the immune system;
- someone with blood or bone marrow cancer (such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma);
- a bone marrow or stem cell transplant in the past six months or are still taking immunosuppressant medicine.
- have been told by a doctor that they have a severe lung condition such as cystic fibrosis, severe asthma, or severe Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD);
- any condition that means they have a very high risk of getting infections such as Severe Combined Immunodeficiency (SCID) or sickle cell;
- taking medicine that makes them much more likely to get infections (such as high doses of steroids);
- a serious heart condition that may affect their safety
Social distancing and hygiene on arrival for your appointment:
- Please wait in your vehicle until the appointed time and try to come on your own to reduce the risk of additional contacts between people
- If someone does bring you, for their own safety please ask them to wait in their car while you have your treatment session
- Please bring your own pen
- Please bring your own bottle of water to drink
- We will check your temperature (with a no touch thermometer). If you are showing a high temperature we will not be able to treat you for reasons of safety
- We will ask you to use hand sanitiser on arrival
- We will offer you a face mask if you prefer to use one
- Your therapist will wear a mask if that is your safety preference
- We sanitise our treatment room between clients, and take all precautions to keep you safe while you are with us.
- You can make payments by card – although not contactless, or by BACS transfer
- If you wish to pay in cash please make sure that you provide the correct amount in an envelope
Our safety procedures are for everyone’s benefit, with the intention of making you as comfortable as possible during your appointment.